Our Forensic department has professionals with wide experience in the preparation and ratification of expert reports and in fraud investigation.
The career of our professionals, as well as their high specialization, makes us a referent in the provision of Forensic services.
Our approach, based on close collaboration with the client and its legal advisors throughout the whole process, provides true added value to clients in our assistance regarding business disputes, forensic financial analysis, fraud investigations and forensic technology.
With a presence in more than 40 countries, BDO's Forensic global network is highly consolidated and allows us to have an international presence in those cases that, due to their complexity, involve different countries and jurisdictions, with an agile response.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
- Civil / Commercial: disputes between shareholders, breaches of all types of commercial contracts, financial derivatives, equity liquidations, intellectual property, infringements of the Competition Law etc.
- National and international arbitration: we act as independent experts in arbitration proceedings in which the preparation and defense of expert reports before the Arbitration Tribunal at national level (Court of Arbitration of the Chambers of Commerce, CIMA) and International Courts (ICSID, ICC) is required.
- Economic Crime Law: investigation in cases of possible white collar and fraud (misappropriation, accounting manipulation, bribery, corruption, conflicts of interest, deletion of information in electronic devices, etc.), quantification of economic damage and ratification before the Courts of Justice.
- Advisory on private disputes, acting as independent experts appointed by the parties (contracts for the sale of shares and other types of commercial contracts).
- Labour: in matters of dismissals, such as disloyal behaviour by the employees or managers of the company, economic reports (under collective redundancy, etc.)